The Advantages and Disadvantages of CNG Cars
India is amongst the world's most polluted countries, with deteriorating air quality. In situations like these, it's critical to take preventative measures and contribute to the reduction of pollution in the country.
Switching to CNG is one such combative step. Besides, the rising cost of gasoline has prompted individuals to consider other options. 'What exactly is CNG?', you might wonder. Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) is a popular alternative to gasoline and diesel cars.
CNG cars are abundant on Indian highways, particularly in urban areas. When compared to petrol and diesel, this fuel is less expensive and less hazardous to the environment. However, there are both pros and cons of CNG cars in India.
Let's look at the advantages and disadvantages of CNG in this article.
Advantages of CNG Cars
Eco-Friendly Alternative To start with, CNG vehicles are far more environmentally friendly than petrol or diesel vehicles. CNG emits fewer hydrocarbon emissions than petrol, LPG, or diesel. As a result, CNG is a superior option for automobile fuel because it is safer for the environment.
2. Economical When compared to petrol or diesel, CNG saves you a lot of money. Other fuel alternatives have more unpredictable costs, whereas CNG has a more consistent price.
3. Engine Performance is Better Because CNG cars use clean fuel, they have healthier engines. If you're running on CNG, your spark plugs and converters will stay in good shape. As a result, Compressed Natural Gas provides a more efficient engine by reducing the amount of carbon during combustion.
Disadvantages of CNG Cars
1. Gas Stations Are in Short Supply When compared to the chain of petrol pumps in India, the number of CNG fuel and gas stations is comparatively less. As a result, if a state or city lacks a widespread network of CNG gas stations, then it can discourage people from purchasing CNG vehicles.
Several Indian states, however, have a good CNG network, and other states are planning to develop new ones.
2. Greater Capacity is Required Another disadvantage of CNG vehicles is that CNG tanks take up a lot of space which may increase the weight and affect the performance of your vehicle.
This is one of the reasons why CNG cars are not popular. If you're thinking about making the move to CNG, this is something you should think about.
3. CNG Conversion Kit Cost is Excluded Despite the fact that the CNG conversion kit is not expensive, there are disadvantages of a CNG kit in a petrol car. You will have to pay for it out of your own cash. However, the good thing is that you can recoup your investment in the CNG conversion kit through the savings in fuel costs.
Another question that often comes to the minds of the consumer is whether CNG reduces engine life. Well, CNG does not shorten the engine life of a vehicle if the kit is installed and maintained properly from the factory.
If you are looking for a car or two-wheeler repair and service aggregator, contact My Raasta. You can download our app and avail free pickup and drop or doorstep services from the comfort of your home in just a few clicks. Our highly skilled technicians, fair cost, and fast service will definitely help you keep your car or two-wheeler in top-notch condition.